Monday, January 20, 2014

My First Loaf of Gluten Free Bread


 
I've made gluten free bread in the past, but it was not a success.  Today I made some and it is so much better.  My son is sick of eating his sandwiches on gluten free pancakes :)
 
2 1/4 cups gluten-free flour (I use a mix I made with tapioca starch, rice flour, cornstarch, garbanzo bean flour, and xanthan gum)
1/4 cup flax seed meal
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
                      Mix the above ingredients then add the following:
2 eggs
2 egg whites
              1 cup of water/milk
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons Braggs apple cider vinegar                                             

Directions:

  1. Combine flours, flax, starches, gum, yeast, salt.
  2. In the mixer, combine wet ingredients, then add the dry.
  3. Scrape the sides, and mix on medium for 4-5 minutes.
  4. Pour into a loaf pan, and let rise to top of pan (took about 1 1/2 hours).
  5. Bake at 350F for about 40 minutes
  6. Remove from pan, cool, and slice.
 
    
    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment